Saturday, October 8, 2011

Broccoli Should Be In Every Paleo Diet


Broccoli is perhaps one of the best staple paleo vegetables to consume for various reasons. The little trees pack some serious nutrition and are relatively inexpensive (even organic!). Not only that, but if your like me you might just think it can be pretty tasty as well.

In 1 cup of broccoli there is a wide range of high quality vitamins. One of the highest concentrations being Vitamin C at over 80 mg per serving. However, most people are not familiar the broccoli also contains over 90 mg of Vitamin K. Vitamin K is great for your blood as it reduces it's ability to clot up.

I personally appreciate that broccoli also offers the paleo lifestyle a healthy vegetable solution for manganese (10% of RDA). Pair that with its 19 mgs of top end Omega-3 per serving and I can safely say I will munching on broccoli til the day I die.



No comments:

Post a Comment