Thursday, October 20, 2011

Paleo Reflections: Old Habits May Die But Let Us Not Forget




Being roughly six weeks into my new paleo lifestyle at this point, I have begun to reflect on how I used to approach food. I think everyone should take some time out every one in a while to really put thought into the changes they have made. We are living things, and whether we appreciate it or not, we grow, get old and become new people each day.

I am not too pleased with what can I recall. Food was never seen by me as the natural and most essential object it truly is. I use to have the mindset that because I wasn't overweight and no apparent health problems that I was eating right. Meanwhile, I was downing a loaf of Colombian cheese bread one minute and driving to Burger King for the most additive and processed meat one can get in exchange for a dollar and some change.

The physical toll of that way of living, the disregard of my health and nutrition, will be with me for the rest of my life. A physical reminder such as obesity or some sort of cardiac condition is not necessary. This paleo transformation will carry on in my thoughts because I take the time to make sure it does. What are some bad habits you have changed in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment