Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Paleo Frozen Pink Salmon Recipe

So, I did it. I got over my fish eating phobia (not really a phobia more of a strong dislike). I started out like I said a couple posts ago with pink salmon. I was weary as I first started to prepare the meal and wasn't sure how well it all was going to work out. With that being said, it was beyond delicious, it was scrumptious.

I got a bag of frozen wild pink salmon fillets. They had absolutely no sort of other ingredient in them, just 100% wild caught and certified sustainable pink salmon. I thought it would be a good start and it came in at only $5.98 at the local Publix supermarket. Not bad for 2 lbs of extremely high quality meat, if I do say so myself.

I will definitely be branching out into other types of pink meat fish, eventually working my way into the white meats (smell is too strong to start out, in my opinion at least). I think rainbow trout will be my next choice. In any case here is a picture of my delicious lunch, and the simple recipe I used to make it.


Simple Frozen Pan Fried Pink Salmon Recipe (Paleo):

Ingredients:
  • 1 Frozen/Fresh Pink Salmon Fillet
  • 1 Tbs. of Organic Coconut Oil
  • Granulated Garlic
  • Ground Black Pepper

How To Make:
  1. If fillet is frozen, defrost still in sealed bag by placing in bowl of warm water. Place organic coconut oil in pan and set on medium-low heat.
  2. Lightly season fillet with garlic and ground black pepper on both sides of the salmon.
  3. Turn pan to medium-high heat, place salmon with the skin side up in pan cover with lid. Cook for four minutes.
  4. Flip over to skin side and cook for 2-3 minutes (note: skin will most likely begin to blacken, don't worry since you won't be eat it anyways).
  5. Once finished, removed and allow to cool before removing skin from fillet.

No comments:

Post a Comment